‘OrthoStar’ (ORTHOPEDIC REHABILITATION)
The Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program at Highland Care Center has been designed specifically for individuals who are recovering from hip or knee surgery. Our goal is to help you recover and improve your physical functioning so you can return home as quickly and safely as possible.
First step is to design a ‘PERSONALIZED’ therapy program based on your needs and goals. Prior to admission, the therapy team will review the clinical information provided by your acute care facility in order to familiarize the team with the clinical care you received prior to transfer to Highland Care and the recommendations of the acute care physicians and therapists. During your first therapy session, members of the rehab team will discuss your current physical status and ask you to define YOUR GOALS (such as participate in a 5K fun run, golf 18 rounds or independently walk to the corner store). Based on this discussion, a plan of care will be developed so that the team can work closely with you in order to achieve those goals.
During the course of your stay at Highland Care Center, you will receive personalized, comprehensive therapy to help you achieve your highest level of independence and functioning. Our Rehab Team will work with you on improving your balance, mobility and coordination, as well as building motor skills, muscle strength and physical endurance. Through this coordinated approach to care, you can anticipate a quicker recovery, greater flexibility and decreased risk for re-injury.
COMPREHENSIVE CARE AND UNPARALLELED THERAPY
Our ‘OrthoStar’ program features an intensive therapy program, as well as the latest equipment and modalities to improve your function and performance. These include:
- Therapy up to seven days per week
- State of the Art Therapy Room
- Strength-building and mobility equipment
- Ultrasound, E-stim and short-wave diathermy treatments that enhance recovery by helping to relax and heal muscles, as well as alleviate pain and stiffness.
- A highly skilled team of licensed therapists and nursing staff certified in post-acute care protocols and practices.
- Licensed nurses who provide care and services 24 hours a day
- Case management and discharge planing to coordinate our treatment plan and ensure a smooth transition to home.