‘PulmoStar’ (PULMONARY CARE PROGRAM)
The Pulmonary Care Program at Highland Care Center is designed to meet the clinical needs of patients with chronic and acute respiratory conditions which may require oxygen, suctioning, nebulizer treatments and/or use of a bipap or cpap machines. The goal of the program is to limit the physical effects of respiratory related illness and improve overall health. An INDIVIDUALIZED pulmonary-focused plan of care is designed for each patient placed in in our Pulmonary Care Program. In collaboration with the patient, this plan is developed, implemented and supervised by a team which includes a board-certified pulmonologist, physicians, nurses, physical & occupational therapists and consulting nutritional and psychological professionals.
REHABILITATION, EDUCATION & SUPPORT
Pulmonary-Focused Rehabilitation is a customized program comprised of exercise and education designed to help you understand your condition and provide you with a treatment plan that includes physical reconditioning, nutritional counseling, emotional support and education.
INDIVIDUALIZED PLAN OF CARE
Throughout your stay, your condition and progress is monitored 24 hours/7 days per week by a trained team of licensed therapists and nursing staff who continuously track your progress. You will also benefit from healthy practices such as a nutritious diet, daily exercise routines on state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to assist you to cope with the stress related to your condition..
EXERCISE AND HEALTH
As you proceed through your INDIVIDUALIZED program, you will learn to:
- Exercise safely in order to increase your physical activity and endurance
- Plan and follow a healthy diet designed to reduce stress to your respiratory system
- Reduce your risk for future respiratory-related problems
- Improve your overall emotional health and well-being
OPTIMAL GOALS OF ‘PulmoStar’ PROGRAM
- Improved tolerance for physical activity
- Reduced subsequent hospitalizations
- Return to meaningful vocation and leisure activities
- Reduction of significant complications